- Change up your password on a regular basis, especially for your email account, to ensure former employees cannot access data.
- Turn off the computers when your business is empty to avoid persons accessing your information in off-hours.
- Maintain antivirus software and a firewall.
- Secure your wireless network as hackers can lurk and gain data access.
- Avoid using "free" Wi-Fi. Hackers can easily set up a "hotspot" and access information that is in on your device.
- Remove the "reply all" feature from your email account. This will avoid the human error.
- Use a password to protect sensitive e-mail attachments.
- Only conduct business with companies that ensure data security.
Transcription Plus, LLC takes data security seriously. We use top-of-the-line secure transfer servers. We can also store a backup of your information within our highly secure system.
Contact us here to find out more information.
Mary A. Goehring
Transcription Plus, LLC